Bank of Zambia
To plan, control, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the Division and the implementation of the oversight framework, policies, procedures and practices.
Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant position:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – PAYMENT SYSTEMS OVERSIGHT, HO (1 POST)
To plan, control, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the Division and the implementation of the oversight framework, policies, procedures and practices. Enforce provisions of the Bank of Zambia Act and the National Payment Systems Act, regulations, standards, rules and guidelines in order to ensure compliance. Coordinate assessments on systemically important payment systems to ensure safety and efficiency and financial stability. Advising management, administration, and other stakeholders on the stability and performance of the payment systems.
- Coordinate the oversight activities of the Bank in the payment, clearing and settlement systems
- Initiate the development or review of the payment systems oversight framework to ensure effective oversight that reduces risk in the payment systems in Zambia
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to the improvement of Payment Systems Oversight.
- Coordinate assessments on systemically important Payment Systems at country and regional level to ensure safety and efficiency and financial stability.
- Plan, organise, provide quality control, review and present oversight reports to ensure that management is informed on the performance and stability of the national payment systems;
- Oversee the collection and analysis of payment systems data to ensure accurate and quality data and reports for management decision making;
- Plan and coordinate compliance activities such as offsite and onsite activities. Ensure timely preparation of the inspection reports to facilitate for prompt corrective action;
- Coordinate the development of effective complaints handling mechanisms;
- Coordinate the complaints handling process to ensure timely resolution of complaints;
- Coordinate and ensure timely preparation of the national payment systems annual report for payment systems
- Prepare, analyse, and present various reports on the oversight in the payment systems;
- Provide support to the enhancements of the National Payment Systems laws and regulations;
- Contribute to the preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the performance of the payment systems
- Supervise, train and develop subordinate staff to enhance the effectiveness of the Division
Qualifications and Experience
- MA, MSc, MBA in Accountancy, Economics, Banking, Finance, or Business Administration with 8 years’ practical experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Good knowledge of developments in the Digital Financial Services (DFS);
- Good strategic planning skills;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Payments Systems;
- Good leadership skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to work closely with, and influence research staff;
- The ability to clearly communicate complex information;
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team; and
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that all positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply online or by enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and certified copies of qualifications and National Registration Card to the undersigned not later than 30 June 2020. For those applying online, please ensure that you attach your CV and scanned certified copies of qualifications and National Registration Card. For more information, visit: www.boz.zm
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P O Box 30080