Job Title: Credit Officer/ Analyst
Focuses on developing, managing and maintaining a high-quality loan portfolio.
- Reach out to potential clients and provides loans to qualifying prospects.
- Ensure that each loan is underwritten in compliance with Lupiya’s Credit Policy
- Responsible for full lending cycle of loan initiation, processing, monitoring and repayment. Select clients, provide detailed products and services information, conduct client evaluation, collect all the necessary documents and check their accuracy, present credit proposals at credit committees, and process loans documentation. Explain to clients all the details of the disbursement and repayment process.
- Manage the loan accounts by closely monitoring repayment behaviors and client’s socio-economic situation.
- Mainntain a high-quality loan portfolio and manage its sound growth based on performance targets and detailed working plans.
- Develop weekly and monthly action plans with regard to client mobilization and individual performance goals.
- Maintain a good knowledge of his/her assigned market area and understanding of clients’ needs and competing products. Research and develop new business opportunities within assigned geographical zone.
- Research background documentation and review personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Analyze financial information and prepare the preliminary analysis for loan underwriting
- Consult and work in tandem with Loan Officers/Receptionist/Direct Sales Agents in gathering appropriate documentation to resolve credit quality issues.
- Conduct thorough analysis of each borrowers payment capacity and willingness; and evaluate the credit risk. Actively work on maintaining clients’ repayment willingness.
- Fully responsible for all collections efforts regarding clients in his/her portfolio; daily monitor clients’ repayment, act immediately on loans in arrears according to the Credit Policy. Present all delinquent clients and recommend solutions to the Collections officer and CEO.
- Prepare spread sheets, reports, summaries and opinions for Lupiya’s loan portfolio on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Conduct credit assessments, loan portfolio analysis and prepare Credit Risk Management reports.
- Interpret tax returns, public and private corporations’ financial statements and input financial data into computer generated spread model.
- Track and review interim and annual financial information on existing customers
- Recommend and monitor borrower adherence to loan covenants
- Update and monitor Credit key risk indicators and ensure appropriate remedial actions/strategies are developed and implemented for any adverse trends.
- Assist in development and ongoing review of risk appetite, policy, procedures and limits to ensure exposure to potential risks is mitigated.
- Develop a subject matter expertise in the area of digital innovation and assessment of mobile and online loans through the use of credit scoring mechanisms.
- College Diploma in Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant Business Related Diploma.
- Degree added advantage.
- Working in a client-facing sales role, in educational profession is highly desired.
- Strong Mathematics and analytical skills required
- Writing, reading and comprehension skills
- keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer orientation.