Occupational Health and Safety Institute
Occupational Health and Safety Institute located in Kitwe, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health and established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 36 of 2010, is looking for suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the followings position;
Job Title: Deputy Director (x1)
To co-ordinate the provision of Occupational Health and Safety Institute services in order to contribute to the promotion of a healthy and safe work environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages effectively and timely formulation and implementation of occupational health and safety standards in order to ensure adherence to national and international standards.
- Coordinates timely and effectively the undertaking of diagnostic examinations in order to facilitate production of Path-physiological Laboratory Reports.
- Coordinates and supervises timely production of radiological reports in order to facilitate decision making.
- Coordinates and supervises timely production of Epidemiological reports in order to facilitate decision making.
- Coordinates regularly research in occupational health and safety in order to generate information.
- Coordinates effectively monitoring and evaluation of occupational health and safety programs in order to facilitate development of appropriate interventions.
- Supervises effectively utilization of human and material resources in order to facilitate attainment of set objectives.
Qualification and Experience
- Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate or relevant qualification
- Holder of MBChB or its equivalent with a minimum qualification of MSc/Mph in Occupational Health and Safety related field
- 6 years in occupational health and safety 3 of which must be at Management level.
- Registered member of the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- Able to write compressive and analytical reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Familiar with modern research methods, computer literate, confidentiality and integrity.
Method Of Application
Candidates should send a cover letter, Educational & Professional Qualifications and a detailed C.V to;
The Board Chairman, Occupational Health and Safety Institute, P.O. Box 20205, KITWE or email at [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 30th June 2020. For any queries contact the Institute on the following numbers: +260 212 226062; 0977511486