Website Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust
The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental, not for profit Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI/Unplanned Pregnancy/Gender Based Violence prevention, provision of Sexual Reproductive Health services, and Social and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT is applying for funding to implement a 5-year project to reach men, adolescents, women of reproductive age, and PLHIV with high quality private sector health services and would like to invite applicants for the positions listed below. These are contingent positions and will only apply once funding is secured.
Job Title:Director Finance and Administration
The Director of Finance & Administration will report to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, administration and contractual performance, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting. S/he will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with ZHECT and USAID policies, rules and regulations.
- Provides overall financial and administrative coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project.
- Ensures compliance of financial systems with ZHECT policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Zambia laws and regulations.
- Develops program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines.
- Provides timely and accurate financial reports to ZHECT and USAID as required.
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to senior management team.
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program.
- Ensures continual review of internal and strategic controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation.
- Provides technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting to ensure sound financial management and operations.
- Ensures that sub-contracts, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with ZHECT and USAID policies
Qualifications and key competencies.
- A post-graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related fields relevant to the position requirements.
- At least 10-years of experience in administrative and financial management of large complex projects of which at least eight years were in the field of international development including experience in management of USG funded projects Cooperative Agreements and Contracts including prime awards and sub-awards of similar size/scale.
- Track record in developing and managing large budgets.
- Knowledge of and compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Strong financial and operational management experience with proven management
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Experience building capacity of local organizations and implementing partners in financial management.
- Has relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
How to apply
Please email application, CV, and copies of supporting academic qualifications to: [email protected] or post/deliver to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust,
Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area,
Post Net no. 221, P/B E835,
Clearly indicate the position applied for.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 10th July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.