Occupational Health and Safety Institute
Occupational Health and Safety Institute located in Kitwe, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health and established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 36 of 2010, is looking for suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the followings positions;
Job Title: Director (x1)
To manage the provision of an efficient, high quality service for employees, external organization and the general public at large. To ensure compliance with regulations imposed by health and safety legislation while maximizing and promoting the health of all employees as well as reducing risks of cases of occupational ill health developing to champion best practices, occupational health provision within the institute and client organizations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for effective and efficient provision of occupational health services in order to minimize occupational diseases and occupational hazards and accidents.
- Ensures effectively and efficiently the provision of occupational health and safety research services in order to generate information for decision making.
- Oversees effectively the provision of secretarial services to the Board in order to facilitate accurate and timely recording of proceedings and implementation of Board decisions.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Institute programs in order to ensure development and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Ensures effective implementation and evaluation of the legal framework and the strategic review of Policies in order to provide guidelines.
- Ensures timely and accurate dissemination of information in order to inform the public and enhance the image of the Institute.
- Ensures effectively the management and development of human resources in order to facilitate efficient operations and staff development.
- Ensures effectively the management of ICT in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information.
- Manages effectively performance management systems in order to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of organization and individual performance.
- Manages effectively the budget and resource mobilization to ensure effective management of financial resources to facilitate attainment of set objectives.
Qualification and Experience
- Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
- Holder of MBChB or its equivalent with a minimum qualification of MSc/Mph in Occupational Health and Safety related field
- 8 years in Occupational Health and Safety related field, 5 of which should be at Management level and a registered member of the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- Able to write comprehensive and analytical reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Computer literate and effective team builder, Analytical, integrity and confidentiality.
Method Of Application
Candidates should send a cover letter, Educational & Professional Qualifications and a detailed C.V to;
The Board Chairman, Occupational Health and Safety Institute, P.O. Box 20205, KITWE or email at [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 30th June 2020. For any queries contact the Institute on the following numbers: +260 212 226062; 0977511486