Medical Stores Limited
Medical Stores Limited is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the pharmaceutical component of health care provision in Zambia through: –
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals
- Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information
- Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs
- Providing services to customers professionally
In order to enhance our services, we are seeking to employ for the following position:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Grade: MSL 5
Main Job Purpose
To assist in the provision of professional general Human Resource Management solutions to MSL line managers.
1. Policy Formulation and Implementation
- Assists in formulation, development, implementation and review of Human Resource manuals, policies and procedures in conjunction with functional and line Managers
- Advises management and staff on Human Resource Management policies and procedures.
2. Employee Resourcing
- Guides functional managers on best practices in resourcing methods and procedures in order to recruit the right people for the jobs.
- Prepares demand and supply forecasts for staff requirements in terms of numbers, skills and competences.
- Advises line managers on issues pertaining to internal staff transfers and redeployments.
3. Employee Relations
- Ensures that disciplinary and grievance cases are efficiently and effectively handled.
- Advises Management on employee relation matters in order to ensure that a conducive working environment is created.
4. Training and Development
- Facilitates all staff Training and Development activities
- Summarizes and consolidates performance management and development plans.
- Assists line managers in carrying out employee performance assessments.
5. Human Resource Administration
- Assists in processing all employee benefits such as salaries and various allowances.
- Ensures that human resource support services such as leave administration, HR statistics and information, processing of payroll inputs are properly handled.
- Assists in initiating and implementing departmental HR related change programmers
6. Skills/Personal Attributes Required
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good Understanding of the Zambian Labor laws
- Must be sober minded
7. Acadamic Qualifications And Work Experience Required
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
- Minimum 3 years work experience in Human Resource Management
- Must be Registered with the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
Method Of Application
If you fit the above profile, please submit your application and an updated CV with relevant supporting documents not later than Friday, 3rd July 2020 on the address below. The applications should be submitted via email only and clearly indicating the position in the subject line.
The Human Resource Manager
Medical Stores Limited
P.o. Box 30207, Lusaka.
Email: [email protected]
Please Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For clarifications please call HR Office on Ext.4213