Zambia Institute of Mass Communication (ZAMCOM)
The Zambia Institute of Mass Communication (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services to government, non-government, private sector and individual clients within Zambia and the Southern African region. ZAMCOM has recently been undergoing a corporate renewal and is currently implementing a new strategic plan aiming at positioning the organization to becoming financially viable and independent.
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following vacancy:
The incumbent shall be reporting to the Academic and Training Manager and will be responsible for planning, managing and provision of quality, reliable and modern IT services that support the operations of the Institution and contribute to its overall efficiency, productivity and attainment of its goals and objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide specialist advice to Management on IT policy issues and monitors trends and developments in Information Technology in order to ensure that systems used by the institution are in line with current developments.
- Monitor the Institution’s Information System and ensure continued internet connectivity
- Maintains the Institutional websites
- Plan and manage IT systems for both ZAMCOM Trust and ZAMCOM Lodge, source IT systems, and install software and hardware to meet institutional needs.
- Provide user support and conducts training for users in computer applications and/or software as well as training of students in IT related programmes.
- Investigate and resolve problems in the IT systems operations, manage and minimize systems down-time and ensure smooth running of all IT systems.
- Liaise with suppliers of equipment, software and negotiate for best terms, to ensure cost effectiveness and value for money.
- Prepare the IT annual budget and once approved, monitor subsequent expenditure
Qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 “O” level credits including Mathematics and English.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or in any ICT related field
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a reputable undertaking.
- Must be a member of ICT Society of Zambia or any relevant professional body.
- Demonstrable Technical competence in IT operations, Networks, Database and Systems Management.
- Team player with a flexible approach and willingness to learn.
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
- Coaching and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good understanding of Company’s business processes
Closing Date: 18 November ,2019 , 17:00
How to Apply
ZAMCOM provides equal employment opportunities and therefore anyone who meets the above qualifications and interested can forward their applications, CVs and copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Zambia Institute of Mass Communication Educational Trust,
Plot 3529 Government Road,
PO Box 50386 RW,
Or send via email to:
For further information or clarification, you can please contact the Human Resource Office on +260 211 251811
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.