British American Tobacco Zambia
A Better Tomorrow
Job Title: Operator
Appointment Type: Permanent
Job Purposes :
Operating and setting of designated Making machinery to ensure that they are mechanically sound and available for maximum productivity and efficiency and that they conform to Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
- Meeting daily targets to meet the monthly MPS
- Waste figures for both tobacco and wrapping materials.
- Production Efficiency
Principal Accountabilties :
- To operate and set designated machine in order to achieve the given targets.
- To ensure precision setting of machinery after maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain and continuously improve product Quality and avoid wastage generation to meet the FPI target for the module.
- To assist in improving production processes and approaches to repairs of machinery for high productivity and good quality.
- To follow EHS programs so as to provide a safe working environment in the factory.
- Follow machine cleaning schedules to ensure machine availability and high operational efficiencies.
- Report and advise Production Technician on the condition of machinery.
- Provide assistance during machine installations in the PMD.
- Participate actively in stock take.
- Grade 12 full School Certificate
- Craft certificate in Electrical/ Mechanical engineering plus two years experience in a reputable manufacturing company.
- Advanced certificate in Electrical/Mechanical engineering or production management plus one years experience in a reputable manufacturing company. .
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.