Zambeef Products PLC
VACANCY AT NOVATEK ANIMAL FEEDS – STOCKS ACCOUNTANT.
An immediate vacancy has arisen at Novatek Animal Feeds – Mpongwe Feed Mill, a subsidiary company of Zambeef Products Plc. for the position of Stocks Accountant. We therefore invite applications from suitably qualified candidates meeting the necessary qualifications.
Ensure effective monitoring and reporting on all inventory items.
The position shall report into the Finance Manager – Novatek.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of shall be but not limited to:
- Ensure all inventory received, produced and issued have been timely posted in pastel with accurate Quantity and value.
- Ensure production (BOM) reports are captured timely, at the correct Unit costs by conducting daily Inventory reviews
- Ensure All internal stock transfers are documented and timely captured in pastel
- Ensure stock is available in pastel at correct Price & Quantity at all times for Sales Team, invoicing.
- Ensure support team accurately & timely process production reports (Bill Of Material) in volumes and value.
- Ensure accurate and controlled monthly stock takes and address any noted control weaknesses
- Prepare monthly stock take schedules for Accounts inventory adjustments.
- Preparation of monthly Stock variance report on all stocks in terms of quantity and value & obtain reasonable explanations on noted variances from respective stocks departmental heads before due review by FM.
- Preparation of Accurate Monthly Inventory throughout report for Key stock Items and obtain appropriate feedback on noted variances from the responsible teams.
- Ensure all inventory claims are followed up with supplier complaint and Credit Notes received & timely processed.
- Ensure all invoices due are handed over to Creditors accountant for timely payment.
- Critical role player between stocks/stores and accounts department regarding all stock items in terms of control, reporting and valuation).
- Ensure all Stock accruals are done before the monthly stock count by liaising with Stores team
- Ensure system access and training to all staff entering stock data.
- Ensure all records are kept and documents are neatly filed.
- Perform any other accounting task that might be delegated by FM or Operations Accountant
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Final stage of either ZICA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent Accounting qualification.
- 2 years’work experience in the accounts department of a manufacturing or retailing entity with 1 year in inventory management.
- Pastel or Similar Accounting Package Experience a must
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should urgently submit hand written letters attaching photocopies of certificates to the undersigned.
Closing date is Friday 27th December, 2019.
The Group Head – Human Resources
Zambeef Products PLC
Plot 4970, Manda Road,
P/Bag 17, Woodlands
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.